- This event has passed.
FULL: Greywater Design and Installation Workshop (Richmond)
23rd May 2015 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm$15 – $40
Learn how to install the popular “laundry to landscape” (L2L) greywater system in this design workshop.
(Note: This workshop is full)
Laundry to landscape greywater systems are simple, affordable, and easy to maintain. With your own L2L system you can irrigate your landscape each time you do laundry, saving you water, time, and resources. Experienced instructors will lead you step-by-step through the design process, tailoring a system to fit your home. This system is legal to install without a permit, just follow 12 basic guidelines you’ll learn about in class.
- How to design a system for your home and landscape
- How to build a system- you’ll create a “mock-up” of a real system with real greywater parts
- What parts you’ll need for your home
- How much greywater you produce and how many plants you can water
- What soaps and detergents are “greywater friendly”
Optional: The Urban Farmer Store sells all the parts you’ll need for a greywater system. Buy everything you need after the workshop with your materials list and getting support from the instructors and trained staff.
For waiting list: fill out form here
Bring: Photographs of your laundry room and landscape. Site plan of your yard.