Rainwater/Greywater workshop (Carson)
April 12 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
This free event is sponsored by West Basin Municipal Water District and taught by Greywater Action.
Learn about the benefits of using rainwater and greywater to create an affordable household water system that dramatically reduces water use and can play a critical role in drought resilience.
Part 1. Rainwater 101
• Overview of our water supply system
• Rainwater harvesting systems
• Common types of systems
• General costs and water saving potential • Design considerations
• Rainwater resources
Part 2. Greywater 101
• What is greywater?
• Ways to reuse greywater (covers plumbing code)
• How the Laundry-to-Landscape system works
• How to install the plumbing and irrigation for the L2L system • How to estimate how many plants to irrigate
• Maintenance & system costs
• Greywater Resources
The Water-Wise Home provided to the first 20 residents who register and attend the workshop (valued at $30).
Donald Dear Bld Boardroom, 17140 S Avalon Bld, Carson, CA 90746
Register with South Bay Environmental Services Center here