I am in a spot that I need help with quickly.  I live in Northeast California (in case that’s important for code considerations).  I need to prepare a greywater disposal system for an RV that my wife and I are living in.  I need this to be a system that my local code enforcement/health department will be likely to accept.  Also, I need to get this installed before the ground freezes.  This is a disposal system only- not an irrigation system.  Thanks in advance for the help

  • You must to post comments


What will be accepted will really depend on what your local agency wants and how they feel about greywater.

I would come to them with a well designed system that takes into account your soil type and show that your infiltration area is over-sized  to give extra capacity. Mulch basins or infiltration chambers are accepted in many places.

I’m attaching a permit form developed for Oakland, it should help you with the info you’ll need to provide. I’d recommend that you bring a copy of the GW code and highlight the ways you’re meeting code requirements when you go in. (Though the code requires you to have a sewer/septic options, so you’ll be asking for something a little outside of the code, but that is something rural areas around CA consider and do give permits for sometimes.)

city-of-oakland-Graywater Permit Plan and Checklist


  • You must to post comments
Showing 1 result
Your Answer

Please first to submit.

Privacy Preference Center

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?