- This event has passed.
Free Greywater Workshops
25th August 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join West Basin and the City of Torrance’s GREYWATER WORKSHOP
Greywater Action founding member Laura Allen will lead the workshop.
She has spent the past 15 years exploring low-tech, urban and sustainable water solutions.
Learn about the benefits of greywater to create an affordable household water system that dramatically reduces water use and can play a critical role in drought resilience.
Part 1. Greywater 101
• Overview of our water supply system
• Ways to reuse greywater (covers plumbing code)
• Plant-friendly soaps and products
• Common types of systems
• General costs and water saving potential
• Design considerations
• Greywater resources
Part 2. How to Design and Build a Laundry-to-Landscape (L2L) System
• How the L2L system works
• How to estimate greywater flows
• How to install the plumbing and irrigation for the L2L system
• How to estimate how many plants to irrigate
• Maintenance & system costs
No cost to attend. Refreshments provided.
Location: South Bay Cities Council of Governments – Theater Room
20285 S. Western Ave., Suite 100, Torrance, CA 90501
Please RVSP to South Bay Environmental Services Center at www.sbesc.com/calendar/events-greywater or call 310-371-4633 by Thursday, August 20.