- This event has passed.
Greywater 101 and Design Your Own L2L System (Monrovia- free)
7th May 2016 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
This free workshop is sponsored by Upper San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District.
Location: Upper District’s Board room located at 602 E. Huntington Dr., Suite B, Monrovia, CA 91016.
Learn about the benefits of greywater to create an affordable household water system that dramatically reduces water use and can play a critical role in drought resilience.
Part 1. Greywater 101
• Overview of our water supply system
• Ways to reuse greywater (covers plumbing code)
• Plant-friendly soaps and products
• Common types of systems
• General costs and water saving potential
• Design considerations
• Greywater resources
Part 2. How to Design and Build a Laundry-to-Landscape (L2L) System
• How the L2L system works
• How to estimate greywater flows
• How to install the plumbing and irrigation for the L2L system
• How to estimate how many plants to irrigate
• Maintenance & system costs