June 1 @ 8:00 am - June 22 @ 5:00 pm
Get greywater ready: Learn how to safely and effectively reuse this valuable resource.
Questions for you:
- Is saving water is important to you?
- Do you want to deepen your understanding of greywater reuse?
- Do you want to promote and advance greywater adoption in your community?
- For Regulators: Do you want understand the benefits of greywater, popular systems, potential risks, and how to guide people to have safe and effective systems?
Greywater Fundamentals is the first comprehensive, on-line course that gives you a strong foundational understanding of all aspects of greywater reuse.
This course includes
- 12 videos
- Private discussion forums
- Downloadable worksheets and example permit forms
- Bonus lessons on getting permits in California and Oregon
At the end of this course you will:
- Have a solid foundation in water-saving, greywater systems
- Feel confident discussing greywater options in your professional capacity (with coworkers, clients, customers, or installers)
- Understand important health and safety guidelines
- Be familiar with regulations and how to obtain permits
Who this course is for:
Curious homeowners, students, renters, professionals, water conservation staff, and regulators
Who this course is not for:
People only interested in indoor reuse systems, people wanting individualized support to design their system (take Greywater Design Mastery for coaching and design support)
Greywater Fundamentals starts on June 1st and runs for three weeks (Personal support in the forums ends on June 22nd.) You can move as quickly as you want through the curriculum and will have lifetime access to the content.
- 30 day money back guarantee (If you are not satisfied with the course, get a full refund within 30 days.)
- Limited scholarships available. Please fill out this form if you need financial assistance to participate in this class.
Text book: Greywater, Green Landscape (2017) by Laura Allen. Available from your local library, e-book, or local bookstore, as well as on-line.
About the instructor: Laura Allen
Laura Allen is a founding member of Greywater Action. She is the lead author of the San Francisco Graywater Design Guidelines for Outdoor Irrigation, and authored The Water-Wise Home: How to Conserve and Reuse Water in Your Home and Landscape (Storey Press, 2015) and Greywater, Green Landscape (2017). She has a BA in environmental science, a teaching credential, and a master’s degree in education. Laura leads classes and workshops on rainwater harvesting, greywater reuse, and composting toilets. Laura has presented widely on greywater reuse and participated in state greywater code developments in California and Washington State and is on the technical advisory committee for IAPMO’s Water Efficiency Standard (We-Stand). Laura was featured in an Ask This Old House episode on greywater and was the 2014 recipient of the Silicon Valley Water Conservation Award of Water Champion.
Start date: June 1st, 2021