- This event has passed.
Postponed-Design Your Own Laundry-to-Landscape System (Richmond)
7th April 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm$15 – $40
This workshop has been postponed. Please check back soon for new date.
Laundry to landscape greywater systems are simple, affordable, and easy to maintain. With your own L2L system you can irrigate your landscape each time you do laundry, saving you water, time, and resources. Experienced instructors will lead you step-by-step through the design process, tailoring a system to fit your home.
- How to design a system for your home and landscape
- How to build a system- you’ll create a “mock-up” of a real system with real greywater parts
- What parts you’ll need for your home
- How much greywater you produce and how many plants you can water
- What soaps and detergents are “greywater friendly”
Bring: Photographs of your laundry room and landscape. Site plan of your yard.
For more information on an L2L system watch a video of an installation of this system on Ask This Old House.
Postponed- new date coming soon. April 7th, 10am-12:30pm
Cost: Sliding scale $15-$40*
*Wondering what sliding-scale means? A sliding-scale fee means that participants choose the amount to pay along the scale (between $15 and $40). People who can afford to pay more help subsidize people who can’t afford it. This helps us keep our workshops affordable to more people. We thank you for paying as high as you are able to on the scale.